Institute of engineering is one of the Institutes of Tribhuvan University. Pulchowk Campus is the central campus of the Institute of Engineering. The Department of Civil Engineering is the oldest and the largest department of the Pulchowk Campus. Civil Engineering deals with the design and construction of a wide range and variety of infrastructures for the betterment of society through the implementation of the latest technologies available. With a view to boosting practical knowledge, students of Civil Engineering of IOE, Pulchowk Campus formed Civil Engineering Students’ Society – Nepal (CESS-NEPAL) in 2004 A.D. as a Social, Non-political, and Non-profit Organization.
From the date of establishment, Civil Engineering Students’ Society Nepal (CESS-Nepal) has been acting as a guardian for all civil engineering students by providing a platform and tools for transforming theoretical learning into practical and technical knowledge.
With an aim to recognize and promote emerging talents in the field of civil engineering, CESS-Nepal organizes “Aadhar”, a National Civil Engineering Exhibition cum Competition, every year for all civil engineering students from all over Nepal, where they can showcase and present their innovative ideas, proposals, models, and many more. Besides the exhibition, CESS-Nepal works to manage and organize civil-related students’ activities, conducts exhibitions, and several events to garnish individual skills and deliver the best.
- To work as a social, non-political and non-profit organization.
- To provide a quality environment for the development of technology related to Civil Engineering.
- To develop a platform for all Civil Engineering Students.
- To collaborate with different national and international organizations.
- To cooperate with the different technical colleges of Nepal.
- To conduct different training from experienced engineers.
- To conduct a seminar for sharing technology.
- President: 1 (from 4th year)
- Vice-President: 1 (from 4th year)
- Secretary:1 (from 4th year)
- Vice Secretary:2 (from 3rd year)
- Treasurer:1 (from 4th year)
- Member: 11